These Terms and Conditions will apply if you register for an account on this website of www.chingay.gov.sg (“Website”) operated by People’s Association (“Company”, “our”, “we” or “us”) to access any of the services provided on the Website from time to time (collectively “Online Service”):
By clicking on the “I Agree” button of these terms and conditions and registering for an account, you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions, including any variations of the terms and conditions which may be posted on the Website from time to time.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this Website or any pages thereof.
This Website and the Online Service is maintained by us. All software programs, graphics and images used on this Website and Online Service are protected by copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights. All contents on this Website and Online Service are owned by, licensed to or controlled by us.
Conditions of access to the Online Service
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions on the Website shall be construed as granting you any rights or privileges of any kind with respect to the Online Service or any content and information that you find here. We make no warranty or representations to you of any kind, express or implied, as to the Online Service and any other information, materials and services offered by third parties through the Website. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the aforesaid.
Your use of the Website and the Contents (as defined below) is strictly and solely for your information and for your personal, non-commercial use (“Approved Use”). You shall not:
- copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit or adapt any part of the Website and the Contents in any medium or format without our prior written consent or unless expressly authorised by us;
- alter or modify any part of the Website other than as expressly permitted by us;
- allow any other person to use the Contents other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; and
- post, upload, transmit, distribute, exhibit or otherwise make available on or through the Website any statements, documents, photographs, images, drawings, materials and any other type of content that may be deemed to be defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal or which violates the rights of any third party (including intellectual property rights). You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including any IDs or account names from the Website.
We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account at any time if you are found in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
We further reserve the right to take down any material posted, uploaded, transmitted, distributed, exhibited or otherwise made available on or through the Website by you that we deem to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
Consent and Copyright
By submitting any photos and/or videos to www.chingay.gov.sg, you agree to grant PA a perpetual worldwide non-exclusive royalty-free licence to use, reproduce modify, adapt and sub-licence the photos and/or videos and any accompanying statements or captions in any format or platforms (including print publications, electronic media, social media platforms, websites) for non-commercial purposes such as community projects which are in line with PA’s objectives and mission. Where possible, you may be credited for your photos and/or videos in such manner and through such platform(s) as we may determine in our sole discretion.
You agree that we will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with any of the above mentioned uses of your photo(s)/video(s).
You confirm that you are the sole author and owner of the copyright of the submitted photo(s) and/or video(s).
You confirm that you have not infringed on the privacy rights, copyrights or other rights of any person. You also agree that you are responsible for and have obtained all necessary approvals and/or permissions (where applicable) in relation to the subject matter of the photo(s) / video(s).
You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Services and accessing the Website. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity may be grounds for termination of your right to the Online Services or to access the Website. You may not post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any member of the above website (i.e. www.chingay.gov.sg).
Use of the Website or Online Services to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes, transfer or store illegal material including that are deemed threatening or obscene, or engage in any kind of illegal activity is expressly prohibited.
Under no circumstances will you use the Website or the Online Services to:
- send unsolicited e-mails, bulk mail, spam or other materials to users of the Website or any other individual;
- harass, threaten, stalk or abuse any person or party, including other users of the Website;
- create a false identity or to impersonate another person; or
- post any false, inaccurate or incomplete material(s), delete or revise any material(s)
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
Much of the Content of the Website is provided by and is the responsibility of the user who posted the Content. The Content (including any Content which is a derivative work of the user) of this Website is provided on an “as is” basis with no warranties whatsoever. We are not responsible for any loss or damage, howsoever occasioned and whomsoever caused, which arises out of, or in connection with, any inaccuracy, error or offensive/inappropriate information appearing on this Website, whether such inaccuracy, error or offensive/inappropriate information is caused by any act or omission.
To the fullest extent permissible, we do not warrant and hereby disclaim any warranty:
- as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, merchantability, legality or decency of or fitness for any particular purpose of the Contents of this Website;
- that the Contents available through this Website and Online Services or any functions associated therewith will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that defects will be corrected or that this Website and the server is and will be free of all viruses and/or other malicious, destructive or corrupting code, agent, program or macro.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall we our related entities, our officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any damages howsoever resulting from any:
- errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content;
- death or personal injury not caused or arising out of our negligence or property damage of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the website;
- any unauthorised access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein;
- any events or activities organised by you or any third party through the website;
- any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the website;
- any bugs, viruses (e.g. trojan horses) or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the website by any third party; and/or
- any errors or omissions in any content or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content or services uploaded, posted, e-mailed, transmitted, offered or otherwise made available or advertised via the website, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, or any other legal theory, and whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages. Further we shall not be liable to you for any consequential, special or indirect damages whatsoever.
The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
You specifically acknowledge that neither we nor our related entities shall be liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
The Website is controlled and offered by us from our facilities in the Republic of Singapore. We make no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
You agree to defend and indemnify, our affiliates and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each such foregoing entity, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and expenses) arising from:
- your use of and access to the Website and account;
- your violation of any term of these Terms and Conditions;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property, property, or privacy right; or
- any defamatory, obscene, offensive, illegal and/or criminal behaviour or acts by you or authorized by you.
Right of Access
We reserve all rights to deny or restrict access to this Website and Online Services to any particular person, or to block access from a particular Internet address to this Website and Online Services, at any time, without ascribing any reasons whatsoever.
Links from this Website to other websites
This Website may contain hyperlinks to websites which are not maintained by us. We shall not be responsible for the contents of those websites and shall not be liable for any damages or loss arising from access to those websites. Use of the hyperlinks and access to such websites are entirely at your own risk.
Further, in no circumstances shall we be considered to be associated or affiliated with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on websites to which this Website is linked.
Links to this Website from other websites
Except as set forth below, caching and links to, and the framing of this Website or any of the contents are prohibited.
You must seek and obtain specific permission from us before hyperlinking to or framing this Website or any of the contents, or engaging in similar activities. PA reserves the right to impose conditions when permitting any hyperlinking to or framing of this website or any of the contents.
Your hyperlinking to or framing of this Website or any of its contents constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. This is deemed to be the case even after the posting of any changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must discontinue linking to or framing of this Website or any of the contents.
In no circumstances shall we be considered to be associated or affiliated in whatever manner with any trade or service marks, logos, insignia or other devices used or appearing on web sites that link to this Website or any of the Contents.
We reserve all rights to disable any links to, or frames of any site containing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topics, names, material or information, or material or information that violates any written law, any applicable intellectual property, proprietary, privacy or publicity rights.
We reserve the right to disable any unauthorized links or frames and disclaims any responsibility for the content available on any other site reached by links to or from this Website or any of the Content.
Availability of the Online Service
We will try to make the Online Service available but cannot guarantee that the Online Service will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and we accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Online Service and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device.
If any provision or term of these Terms and Conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
These Terms and Conditions and your use of our Website are governed by Singapore law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
These terms and conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act [Cap. 53B] of Singapore or any other law throughout the world conferring rights on third parties.